BMC Ophthalmology is associated with Cochrane Eyes and Vision
At present, surgery is the only effective way to treat cataracts, which are the leading cause of blindness worldwide. This study reports on the successful use of NACA eye drops to treat cataracts in an animal model, and the implications for cataract prevention in high-risk populations.
Aims and scope
- Lingling Tian, BMC Series, China
- Jashan Abraham, BMC Series, UK
- Penny A Asbell, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Hemant Khanna, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Choul Yong Park, Dongguk University Ilsan Hospital, South Korea
- Luca M Rossetti, Clinica Oculistica, Università di Milano
- Virender Sachdeva, LV Prasad Eye Institute, India
- Eric Singman, Wilmer Eye Institute, USA
- Javier Zarranz-Ventura, Hospital Clinic Barcelona
Virender Sachdeva received his basic medical training and specialized in ophthalmology at the University of Delhi. He is currently a faculty member of the LV Prasad Eye Institute in Visakhapatnam, India, specializing in pediatric ophthalmology, strabismus and neuro-ophthalmology. He joined the editorial board of BMC Ophthalmology in 2015.
BMC Series blog
21 August 2019